About Dr. Alexandra Schmidt
Dr. Alexandra Schmidt is one of a select few plastic surgeons with advanced aesthetic surgery training endorsed by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). She performs the full range of aesthetic surgery of the breast, body, and face and has special interest in “mommy makeovers” and breast surgery.
Dr. Schmidt is known for her natural looking results and fast healing time. Her patients look beautiful, but they don't look like plastic surgery patients. She performs surgery in an OR accredited by both The Joint Commission and AAAASF. Patients typically leave the OR pain free and with a smile on their face.
Dr. Schmidt graduated with honors from The Johns Hopkins University where she earned both Bachelors and Masters degrees in neuroscience. Her achievements led her to medical school at Vanderbilt University. From there, she was accepted into one of the oldest and most distinguished plastic surgery programs in the country at Washington University in St. Louis where she completed rigorous and comprehensive training in plastic and reconstructive surgery. She was then one of only nineteen residents in the country selected for an ASAPS fellowship, focusing exclusively on aesthetic procedures including innovative techniques in body contouring, facial rejuvenation, and breast surgery under the instruction of Hunstad/Kortesis/Bharti Cosmetic Surgery. Her fellowship mentors are world-renowned for body contouring procedures with large-volume liposuction and give national instructional courses for breast augmentation and lifting.
She has co-authored numerous peer-reviewed research articles on improving surgical outcomes and book chapters on plastic surgery techniques and has presented at international conferences.
A little bit about my philosophy:
- Your experience: I want you to love being here. It’s important to me that you feel comfortable and supported as we work to reach your goals. Our entire team works diligently to streamline every step of the process so that your experience is relaxed and seamless. I want everyone to feel that they receive the care and attention they deserve, from the first call to the office through the final follow up visit. Given the nature of what we do, privacy is of utmost importance. We have created a soothing environment where you can feel relaxed and pampered.
- Patient safety: Patient safety is my top priority. Cosmetic enhancements can transform your life and self-confidence, but ultimately, aesthetic plastic surgery is elective and it should proceed without causing any major disruption in your life. Focusing on safety is a big part of my operative planning process. Our environment is equally important; we operate in an office setting on healthy patients where hospital-acquired infections aren’t a concern. We work with board certified anesthesiologists to provide the safest level of care while you’re under anesthesia, and we have an OR that is certified by both AAAASF and JHACO.
- Patient education: At the end of the day, I am a physician, not a sales person. I feel strongly that it is my duty to educate patients and empower them to make informed decisions for themselves. Communication is vitally important, and I will not only spend time listening, but will also share my knowledge and years of experience and discuss all of your options with you. Every question is important, and I want you to leave our consultation with a clear understanding of your procedure and treatment plan.
- Rapid recovery: As a female professional and mother of two, I understand the pressure to always look your best while juggling the demands of modern motherhood. In addition to delivering the best aesthetic result, I strive to minimize your downtime and improve recovery using established rapid recovery protocols. I will ensure that you resume your day-to-day activities as quickly as possible.
- Natural results: “Natural” means something different to each individual. My purpose during our consultation is to listen and understand your personal aesthetic goals and ensure that they align with my own aesthetic and skillset. I aim to create a change that is harmonious with your body’s natural form and is not obvious to others that you “had work done.” Part of that is a keen eye for ideal proportions that I developed in my training and part of it is meticulous surgical technique with thoughtful placement of incisions. I tailor my approach to each patient’s unique physique and personal wishes to create the most flattering, natural-looking enhancement possible. In my mind, the best possible outcome is that you leave my office feeling like the best version of yourself.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery - FellowshipHunstad/Kortesis/Bharti Cosmetic Surgery
Neuroscience - Bachelors DegreeJohn Hopkins University
Neuroscience - Masters DegreeJohn Hopkins University
Medical DegreeVanderbilt University School of Medicine
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - ResidencyWashington University in St. Louis